Monday, October 15, 2012

To Begin

I call myself a serious hobbiest and refer to it as - the desires of my Art  -  for I constantly try to keep my eyes on Christ as the desire of my heart.  I thank Him for all things happy and difficult.  He has blessed us with bountiful beauty in this world to enjoy.  I am in constant amazement at the endless colors and details he has created.  In my attempts to make things of interest I am always humbled at his feet.

In my earlier years it was important for me to carry out my plans.   I wish I still did, and will attempt to work on that in some areas as I feel the need.  However,  I find it less important to finish things at this stage of life.   I admit that I am over loaded with ideas and that never ending project list  that we hobbiest usually understand oh so well.   It is not just that I am avoiding the pressures of that haunting list.  I am seeking to set my mind free to jump and hop from one inspiration to another with the hopes of learning and experiencing as much as I can. 

Projects that i once might have thought of as failed attempts are now just happy experiments to be learned from.    Perhaps I do have some regrets about this approach.  Haunting me the most is that I believe the quality of my craft has diminished seriously due to spending less time mastering each step.    Benefits come from all directions of course, and for now I shall enjoy my hobbies as they happen.






No comments:

Post a Comment